09 October 2013

Day 9 - Music - We Dreamed of You

While  we were in hospital awaiting the birth of our baby girl, the staff gave us a package to look through and inside this package was a CD. Interested, I put it on and listened to it over and over again...
The music was beautiful and the words... told my story...

We were travelling down the road of life
When we learned that we would have a child
Emotions overwhelmed us,
Surprise, turned to love and joy.

Plans were made for your arrival,
We changed the house around to suit your needs.
We made space for your crib, soft toys, for everything,
We'd bought for you.

We wanted you.
We dreamed about you
Sweet child of ours
We'll pray for you.
And everyday you are in me,
I love you so much
Sweet child of ours,
We'll pray for you.

Then the time went by so slowly,
I felt you grow and move inside me.
Each day that you were in me,
I prayed for you.

Then that day arrived, I'll never forget,
When we learned that we would lose you,
I can't explain, how I felt at that time,
But I just cried.

I love you so much,
Sweet child of ours,
We pray for you.

The words were hard to hear, but they were also a blessing, because this song put my thoughts and feelings into words. I knew I would play this song at Charlotte's funeral. Devon Plumley, a midwife, wrote this song. She had been a singer and pianist for many years and she created it in an attempt to understand grief and loss through lyrics and music.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved