04 October 2013

Day 4 - Her Legacy

Even though she did not take a breath, our baby Charlotte has left a legacy in many ways...


Because of her, the axis of my heart has been forever altered, tilted off centre. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it's just different. My grief, my loss(es) have been so profound, so deep.
Like an earthquake they rocked me to my very core. How could I not be changed?
The world looks and feels different now. My vision altered, I see people and situations from a different angle, a new perspective. It's like my glasses have new lenses. What was once important, now holds a different value.
I have wondered where "I" have gone and when the "old me" will return, but I have come to realise that this is a new path, one that I would not have chosen, yet one that I must now walk. I will follow the One whom I believe is gently leading me. It is a permanent shift. Once altered, how can a heart return to how it once was?

by big sister Mikayla
Her footprints are also forever engraved into our family tree, along with her little sister Abigail's.


These are only some of them....







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved