13 February 2011

My New Normal

27/01/11 - The day after I came out of hospital -  
                 How was I going do 'normal everyday life' when I felt far from 'normal'?

                   
I was learning to live in the world again,
People more comfortable around me.
My voice, my words, lost their gloom,
I held back the pain of my loss.

What are people going to do with me now?
Again my heart is battered and bruised.
Scars that have not yet healed, reopen -
Releasing tears, sadness and pain.

What do I say? How do I act?
How long will the awkwardness stay?
Nine months, another loss, a total of three,
What will they to do with me now?

My reality is heartache and loss,
Deep pain - old mixed with new.
In a world uncomfortable with sadness and grief,
How do I fit in it now?



"Words failed me. At times I was utterly speechless - everything was meaningless. I felt separation from the cares of this world, a sort of detachment. They no longer held me or interested me. I had looked death in the face, what else was important? People wanted to talk about everyday things, shopping, travel. How could I relate when we were in completely different worlds? I didn't feel a part of their world. My baby had died and nothing else mattered."
Grief and Grace - Amanda Axelby

1 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

So sorry to hear about your loss.... it's such an isolating and heart-renching experience - your poem captures that feeling so clearly. Thinking of you and sending you love and wishes. We're all in this together and we all fit in with each other xoxo

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved