20 October 2013

Day 19 - Support


It is difficult in the early days when grief is raw to connect with people. I felt like I was living in a bubble, disconnected with reality and suspended in time. Texts and comments on my blog became my lifeline to the outside world. It was good to know friends were there for me even though I couldn't make contact with them yet.

As I got stronger, I wanted talk to about my baby and my grief. My world was 'Charlotte' and she was all I wanted to think about. I deeply appreciated those who entered into my pain, as it wasn't the most comfortable place to be.

At times, I lamented over the silence which seemed to surround me. Grief can be a lonely place. Grief surrounding the loss of a baby particularly so.

My blog brought a lot of healing to me. It provided me with a way to put my deep pain into words. I needed to communicate, to tell my story, to make it known. People could read it if they wanted to, but simply knowing that someone was reading it was enough. I also desired to connect with others through my blog, who were walking a similar path to mine.

"The best way to help people in grief, I have realised, is not to try to pull them out, not to try and make them better, but just climb down, take their hands, and sit with them awhile. Let them cry, and cry some more." Anna Hogbin from Grief and Grace - Amanda Axelby




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved