17 October 2013

Day 17 - Time

"Many grieving parents speak of a wish for time to stand still, a desire to be suspended in time, because the pain of moving from here is too hard." Amanda Axelby

The rhythmic hands of time, tick... tick... tick...
Relentlessly marching forward...
Not stopping, pausing or slowing for a moment
...it leaves me behind in my pain.

Caught in a vacuum of grief,
I can not keep up time's frantic pace, nor do I want to.
My heart belongs in April 2010,
It is there that I'm with her.

But time succeeds in tearing me away,
Removing me from the moment.
It takes me a million moments away...
From where I want to be.

I've been taken three and a half years away -
From that moment in time.
Has 'time' helped to heal all wounds -
Like the saying goes..?

Despite the measure of time against me
It can not change the simple fact -
That she was my baby, my child, my family.
Wounds, now scars remain as evidence of her existence.

Time can not take away the impact that she had,
Or the reality that she was here.
Our fourth born child, a part of us,
Now alive where 'time' does not even matter.




A moment in time - the time of Charlotte's birth


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved