06 October 2013

Day 6 - Rituals

Remembrances of you are a part of me - engraved on my heart for always.

When we stand on the shore-side of heaven, watching the sky as the sun sets, it feels like heaven's reaching down in the moment. Sun spills through the clouds as they part, the sky is radiant. Did I just witness the door of your glorious home?


We visit your resting place knowing you are not there, but it's that feeling of being as close as we can to you that draws us.


Your birthday is celebrated and rightfully so. The day you were born marks your birth-day. Our celebration though is of a different kind - we celebrate "you" - our daughter, our sister, but you are not there to celebrate with us...


We also light candles on special occasions... an outward demonstration of our desire for you to be there too, in your rightful place as a member of our family.


However I don't need rituals to remember you... because you are a part of me - engraved on my heart for always.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved