13 October 2013

Day 13 - A Helpful Book



Written by Amanda Axelby, 2007


I highly recommend this book to anyone who has lost a baby or is supporting a family who has.
It is a story about Amanda's personal journey of loss - the birth and death of her daughter Grace. Although Amanda's story is incredibly sad and painful, it was an encouragement and a blessing to me. I related and identified with her grieving heart. I often referred back to this book as I began writing my own story of loss. I quoted from it regularly. Along with her personal story, Amanda has included resources, practical help and ideas and stories of others people's losses. Amanda's story is written from a Christian perspective. She refers to Jesus as her source of comfort and hope.


 














0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved