11 October 2013

Day 11 - Emotional Triggers


Photos bring memories into clear focus. Especially memories wrapped up in strong emotions.

There is a box that sits in my study cupboard. It contains a pile of photos, an album, scrapbooking papers and some accessories.

My desire... to create an album in honour of Charlotte. An album which tells her story, an album for our family to look at, read and remember. I really want to do this for her...

For 3 years I have been trying... but I'm not really getting anywhere. Each time I reach for the box, I enter into an old, predictable cycle, similar to that of a washing machine - pre soak, wash, rinse, wash, rinse, spin. My cycle includes - photos, memories, overwhelming feelings, panic, leave the room, wait a few weeks, go back, pack away. Even writing about this cycle of mine sets the panic rising. How do I make progress let alone finish?

I really want to do this for her...






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved