17 October 2011

Half Plus One

Half plus one
Years have past
Since heaven
Became your home.
Time's moved
Akwardly...
Hastily forward,
My dragging feet
Not willing to let
Time take you away.
"Stay still!"
Tomorrow is too far away
From you.
I often turn
To look again
At a child
That looks your age.
Walking, playing
Trying new words
I wonder if heaven's
Time's the same?

To my little girl
always in my heart.
Forever grateful for the gift of you
and the difference you have made.
xxx


(First verse & chorus dedicated to our little girl)

"Who can speak and have it
happen
if the Lord has not decreed it?
Is it not from the mouth of the Most High
that both calamities and
good things come?"
Lamentataions 3:38

4 comments:

Mikayla Grace Douglas said...

I think this blog is great.
I like that you have told a lot about your feelings. Love Mikayla xxx

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog Julie! Definitely remembered you and your family this month especially. Love the song you posted! Love ya heaps and still remember you and your pain my friend. Love Beth

Anonymous said...

Julie- my dearest friend....what a beautiful new look your blog has. Forgive me for not visiting here for so long. You are always in my heart dearest. ahhh Schultzy- always makes me cry! love you jules love sar x

Hannah Rose said...

Hi Julianne :)

I found your blog on faces of loss, faces of hope. it's wonderful to find people who 'get it.' I absolutely LOVE the name Charlotte Rose. It's timeless, just as my daughter Lily Katherine's name is. We both have our flowers in Heaven. And my name is Rose, so gotta love it. I'd love to have you follow along on my blog as well: www.roseandherlily.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved